A wine appreciation tour will take you directly to the vineyards for private tastings with our sommeliers. These dedicated luxury charter cruises will take you off of the beaten track and to some of the most intriguing and historic vineyards in the world. See France and Italy in a whole new way with an immersive wine cruise.
There is a reason that our French wine tours are some of the most popular. These tours will give you the chance to sample the finest Burgundies such as Nuits St-Georges, Santenay, and Vosne Romanée. You’ll visit locations including the Loire Valley, Burgundy, Bordeaux, and cruise along the Canal du Midi. A wine tour in Italy will show you the best of the country including a trip to Venice, Volta, Zelo and Mantua to name a few destinations.
Our Wine Appreciation Cruise Destinations
- The Finesse ultra-deluxe 8-passenger hotel barge will show you the beauty of Southern Burgundy
- Take a first-class wine tour in Burgundy on L’Art de Vivre, an 8-passenger hotel barge
- Treat yourself to a first-class 10-passenger wine appreciation tour on Athos, exploring the historic Canal du Midi and southwest France
- Take a gentle journey through Bordeaux on our first-class 8-passenger hotel barge, Rosa
- Enjoy the ultimate wine appreciation tour through Northern Italy on La Bella Vita, a first-class 20-passenger river cruiser
At European Waterways, we pride ourselves on our hotel barges. All offer luxurious accommodations for between 8 and 20 passengers on a wine tour of France and Italy. Cruising between March or April and October, depending on your destination, you’ll get to explore the rich history of the area, sample the best wines in the region, and enjoy a relaxing cruise in excellent company.
Our hotel barges offer deluxe, ultra-deluxe, and first-class accommodations during your stay. La Belle Epoque is designed with both elegance and passenger comfort in mind, with wood-panelled rooms for a luxurious feel. L’Impressionniste is another of our deluxe passenger hotel barges featuring light and airy interiors blending traditional and modern French influences.
The ultra-deluxe Enchanté is a double-decker hotel barge with a spacious sun deck and a gorgeous spa pool for a relaxing evening. The first-class La Bella Vita is the only hotel barge cruising through Italy’s Venetian Lagoon, River Po, and Canal Bianco. Featuring modern Italian interiors and stunning open spaces on deck, you’ll have the most luxurious wine appreciation tour imaginable.