Small passenger numbers, elegant accommodation and exclusive partnerships make this the ultimate cruising experience…
What is Luxury Hotel Barging?
What makes a Hotel Barge Cruise?
Our Luxury Hotel Barges are a fleet of “floating boutique hotels” where the journey and destination are one and the same. Indulge in a glass of champagne as you cruise through Europe’s oldest canal tunnel, or relax in the hot tub as we traverse Gustave Eiffel’s famous aqueduct across the River Loire. Hop off at the nearest lock and take to the towpath for a cycle through glorious countryside and medieval villages, or lounge on deck with a cocktail. By day you’ll partake in wonderful private tours of ancient chateaux, markets and wineries, and back at the barge during the evening you’ll be treated to incredible gourmet food and wine, locally sourced from the region in which you are cruising.
The Enchanté Canal du Midi cruise was 5 star in every way… we were waited on hand and foot over the course of the six days, and chef prepared meals worthy of a Michelin star. – Michelle & John Dark, Queensland, Australia
- All Gourmet Meals, prepared by an on board masterchef
- Accommodation to suit all tastes, from cosy wood panelled cabins to airy contemporary suites
- Fine Wines, Champagne & an open bar for the duration of your cruise
- Daily Escorted Excursions for private tours of historic chateaux and exclusive wine tastings at renowned domaines
- A bicycle, so you can take to the towpath as you please, and an on board spa pool to relax in when you return!
- A Crew to Guest Ratio of 1:2, you’ll want for nothing
- Local Transfers to and from your cruise’s designated pick up location
Luxury Hotel Barging vs Traditional Cruising
- See another side to a country – cruises are on smaller waterways that are inaccessible to large river cruisers
- You’re a V.I.P, not a number – with a maximum capacity of 12 on the majority of our barges, you will enjoy an extremely high level of personal service and quickly build a warm rapport with our conscientious crew
- Have it your way – Barges can be privately chartered for family getaways, celebrations and special interest groups such as golf, wine tasting & cycling
- Total immersion in a region – dine on local specialities, visit private, historical places of interest that you’d never have known about, meet the friendly locals for a glass of pastis and a game of petanque!
- Flexibility – Eager to investigate something you’ve spotted onshore? Just let the crew know and its highly likely you can hop off at the next lock
- No rough weather, motion sickness, or days at sea – The canals we cruise are tranquil, managed waterways that do not suffer the effects of increment weather, tides or droughts
Want to know more?
If you’d like more information then feel free to contact us for a chat with our friendly sales team on which cruise would be best for you.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive wonderful content on our many spectacular cruising destinations and to be kept abreast of our fantastic special offers.
Alternatively, if you’re still craving a little more inspiration then order our current brochure here, it’s a thing of beauty!