This beautiful baked breaded camembert with a Port and Red Currant Sauce recipe is a clear champion when it comes to dinner parties. Baked breaded camembert is hassle-free and full of with flavour.
- 1 Camembert (not too ripe)
4 oz fine bread crumbs
1 beaten egg yolk
small jar red currants in their natural juices
3/4 cup port
juice of one lemon
3 tblsp red currant jelly
salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the Camembert into quarters. Dip the quarters in the beaten egg yolk and then in the bread crumbs, making sure they are well covered. Place the Camembert in the freezer.
- To make the sauce, place the red currants, including the juice, into a saucepan. Add the port, lemon juice, red currant jelly, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Keep sauce on a low heat while cooking the Camembert.
- To cook the breaded Camembert, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before cooking. Lightly brush with nut oil and bake in a 475-degree oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with the port and red currant sauce.